Town of Kentville – Parks and Recreation Director Hired
January 15, 2014 – Mark Phillips, Chief Administrative Officer for the Town of Kentville is pleased to announce the hiring of Rachel Bedingfield as the Town’s new Parks and Recreation Director. Ms. Bedingfield will join the management team for the Town and resume the duties of Director responsible for the overall supervision of facilities, programs, parks, green spaces, trails and general administration of the service. She is a past Recreation Management graduate of Acadia University and is expected to start her new position on February 3rd.
It is an exciting time for the service with Ms. Bedingfield expected to carry on with traditional service delivery Kentville is accustomed to, as well as tackling some current issues facing the Town such as;
– Multi-Sport / Wellness Centre Needs Assessment
– Program and Facility Development with an increased Physical Literacy Focus
– Creating a strategy to accommodate the growing popularity of cycling in the region.
– Support of the Skate park Project underway
– The Relocation of the Kentville Library
– Community Park and Green Space Development
– Trail Development and Branding