Board of Directors Recruitment Posting
The Valley Regional Enterprise Network is recruiting volunteers to serve a term on the Board of Directors.
In 2013, Regional Enterprise Networks (REN) were launched by the Province of Nova Scotia and partnering municipalities and First Nation communities to guide and navigate regional economic development while providing support to businesses.
Led by a business-driven Board of Directors, the Valley REN operates as a connector among economic development partners, supports business growth and retention, and provides regional leadership on economic priorities.
- Develop, implement and monitor a regional strategy for economic development consistent with provincial and municipal economic development priorities and opportunities
- Support business growth in communities
- Exhibit the role as regional connector, navigator and facilitator of economic development activity among partners
- Act on focused plans responsive to regional economic conditions
- Innovative approach to regional economic development that balances priorities and sectorial strengths with provincial and municipal priorities
The board plays a key role in leading a three-year Regional Economic Development Strategy, building strong strategic relationships, and founding a strong organizational framework. Responsibilities include managing the chief executive officer; providing strong financial stewardship; setting and monitoring performance measures; and effectively communicating, or advocating, on behalf of regional interests.
Ideally, the Board will be comprised of a team of leaders with combined skills and experience in business, industry, corporate governance, financial stewardship, strategic planning, communications, partnership development, stakeholder relations, and expertise in law, accounting, human resources, economic development and entrepreneurship.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 12 pm February 9, 2015. For a full recruitment package about the Board of Directors and The Valley Regional Enterprise Network, please contact a Municipal Chief Administrative Officer in your area. Enquiries and applications can be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org