Are you looking to try a new sport with your girlfriends, get active, and take out your frustrations on a little rubber ball? We think that SassSquash might be for you!
This is a girls-only club (grades 5-8) to learn to play squash at the Kings County Squash Club (Soccer Dome). Racquets provided, bring clean shoes and gym clothes!
Tuesdays from 4:00 to 5:20 pm
January 10, 17, 24, 31, Feb 7 and 14
Would you like to try yoga with other girls? Learn some poses and flows, and challenge your body and mind together with your friends. This is a girls-only program (grades 5-8) to learn yoga with instructors from My Yoga Space in Kentville. Space is limited, so register soon! It’s free!
Thursdays, Jan and Feb, 2:30 – 3:30 pm, KCA
53 Gladys Porter Dr
Description & Services
Kids in Trailblazers gain confidence and competence to play outside more often on their own with their friends.
Trailblazers Forest Play brings children closer to nature.
Trailblazers Forest Play takes place at The Gorge and is for students in Primary to Grade 5.
Children meet their Trailblazers leaders at Kings County Academy (KCA) and walk up together to where the sidewalk ends to find adventure and learning in the woods.
Trailblazers is 100% outdoors, in the forest, regardless of the weather. The children get wet and muddy. Many parents anticipate this by putting a blanket down in the back seat for when they come to pick up their children.
We have limited space in each session.
Pre-registration is required.
There is No Cost for this program.
Goals for Trailblazers:
- to increase children’s knowledge, skills, and confidence in the outdoors
- to increase children’s connection to nature
- to develop judgement, creativity, and problem-solving skills through safe, healthy risk-taking
- to have fun in the outdoors in all kinds of weather
- to encourage families to get outdoors together beyond Trailblazers
What you will need:
- water bottle, with water... for drinking
- clothes to suit the weather e.g. hat, a warm sweater, water-proof raincoat & pants
- boots or shoes
Healthy snacks are provided.
Activities may include:
- Animal tracks/pellet counts
- Reading weather
- Building bird nests
- Shelter building
- Camp craft
- Fire building
- Team Building activities
- Snowshoeing (in the winter)
- Unstructured outdoor play
Since Trailblazers is an after-school program, if school is cancelled, so is Trailblazers.
Also, there is no Trailblazers on holidays or early-dismissal days.
Click/tap here to download the application form for Winter 2017
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Jan. 17, 19, 24, 26, 31, Feb 2, 7, 9
Winter 2017 - Session #2
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Feb. 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, March 2, 7, 9