The Nova Scotia Affordable Housing Commission is committed to an open and transparent stakeholder engagement process that will foster a deeper understanding of the complexity of affordable housing challenges experienced by Nova Scotians; and uncover opportunities to improve the supply of, and access to affordable housing.
They are providing several ways for stakeholders and citizens to share their views on housing issues and potential solutions for Nova Scotia.
Through this online engagement hub, you can:
- Share Your Ideas on a number of important areas to consider.
- Map It! to show them where and what kind of need exists in your community;
- Share Your Story on what type of housing is needed in your neighbourhood.
Subscribe now to stay up to date on the work of the commission. They (External link) will send you emails periodically to share with you the latest information and let you know what they are hearing from Nova Scotians.
In addition to the engagement tools available on this engagement hub, you can share your opinion with the commission by:
- Phone: Call the NSAHC toll free message line at 1-833-743-0777 and leave a brief message about a specific challenge that requires attention or a solution that should be considered by the commission.
- Email: Send a detailed description of your ideas or thoughts about how we can increase the supply of, and access to affordable housing at email@example.com(External link).
- Snail Mail: Send your written submission to Nova Scotia Affordable Housing Commission c/o Mr. Stephan Richard Maritime Centre, 14th Floor North - 1505 Barrington St, PO Box 216, Halifax, NS, B3J 2M4
No matter how you decide to get involved, we appreciate your participation in this important process.