Some departments within the town are supported by a committee, a board, a commission, or an advisory group. The members of these groups are typically staff of the organization they serve, members of the Kentville Town Council, and sometimes, members of the public. Council and volunteer membership on committees, commissions, and boards is reviewed each year. If you’re interested in joining a committee and helping Kentville grow and thrive, contact the chair of the board or committee you are interested in! To learn more about these groups, please reach out to Jennifer West or one of the elected members who sits on the board or committee.
Not all committees have vacancies at this time. All applications will be kept on file for when a space becomes available for consideration. Applications are considered by each committee and are sent to Council as a recommendation. Council appoints citizen members to committees, board and commissions.
Most Kentville Committees are open to the public to attend. If you wish to attend in the audience of a meeting, please reach out to Jennifer West or reach out directly to the chair of the committee.
- Audit Committee: Next meeting, January 2024.
- Water Commission: Next meeting, November 29, 2023
- Source Water Protection: Next meeting, November 29, 2023
- Board of Police Commissioners: Next meeting December 14, 2023.
- Investment (Perpetual Fund): November 27, 2023.
- Kentville Inclusion and Access Advisory Committee. Next meeting December 8, 2023.
- Student Bursary: Next meeting, Spring 2024.
- Heritage Committee: Next Meeting, November 20, 2023.
- Names List Committee: Next Meeting, December 6, 2023.
- AV Regional Library
- AV Trails Coalition
- Joint Fire Services
- Kings Point-to-Point
- Kings Regional Sewer
- Regional Emergency Management Organization
- Regional Enterprise Network
- Diversity Kings