POSTED: MONDAY MARCH 23, 2020
UPDATED MARCH 31ST TO INCLUDE PAYMENTS AND INTEREST INFORMATION
UPDATED APRIL 16 TO INCLUDE KBC "PROJECT STAY HOME" VIDEO and PARKS CANADA UPDATE
UPDATED MAY 1ST TO INCLUDE PARKS RE-OPENING INFORMATION
UPDATED MAY 29TH TO INCLUDE EMPLOYER AND EMPLOYEE RESOURCES
UPDATED JUNE 25 TO INCLUDE SERVICE CANADA DOCUMENTS FOR EMPLOYEES AND EMPLOYERS
UPDATED JULY 24 TO INCLUDE PROVINCIAL DIRECTIVE RE: MASKS IN PUBLIC SPACES
RE: KENTVILLE RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Due to rising concerns around the spread of COVID-19 in our community the Town of Kentville has taken a number of proactive steps to help assist with slowing the spread of the virus.
These are challenging times, and we are calling on all citizens to do their part to slow the spread of the virus. A current list of steps the Town has taken to date is included below; this list of actions may change as the situation continues to develop. Please continue to refer to the Town’s website for updated information as it is posted.
- Town Hall is currently closed to the public. Service delivery will not be interrupted, staff are still working and can serve via phone, email, website and Facebook.
- SOME Recreation Facilities remain closed until further notice, although many others are open with some modifications. Please check before you go!
- Parks and trails in Kentville, including the Kentville Skate Park and Miners Marsh are open, but social distancing needs to be maintained and these areas will be monitored. (please read in full detail here)
- Parks Canada has posted complete information regarding provincial parks on their official website. The information found on that page is specific to PROVINCIALLY operated parks.
- Non-medical masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces as per Provincial Directive beginning July 31 2020. More information about where and when masks are required can be found on the provincial website.
Staff will continue to serve Kentville citizens through email, on the phone, through Facebook and via the various contact forms on the Kentville website. See below for further information about how to reach us.
- To schedule an appointment with the planning department call (902) 679-2535.
- To file an application for a new building / development permit call (902) 679-2531.
- For emergency services, like reporting a problem with Municipal Water or Sewer contact (902) 670-3200.
- Please call 902-679-2500 to reach customer service staff for more details, or use our online contact submission form.
- There is a secure drop box at the rear of Town Hall 354 Main Street where. Please consider making online payments. If you need further assistance please contact the finance department.
The Town of Kentville recognizes that current conditions are putting financial strain on some in our community. At the March 30th virtual meeting of Town Council motions were passed that aim to assist those experiencing hardship during this time of emergency.
- All interest charges will be waived on all outstanding accounts from April 1st – June 30th 2020. This applies to property taxes, water rates, and sanitary sewer rates
- The due date for property tax bills has been extended to June 30th 2020
These measures have been put into place in order to support those in our community who need it at this time. The Town of Kentville is encouraging those who are able to make their payments to do so.
In an effort to counter balance the opportunities for outdoor recreation that have been lost to COVID-19, the Recreation Department has created many initiatives to support the community’s health and well-being during the pandemic. Visit the Parks and Recreation section of the website for details on recreational opportunities for the summer.
The Town of Kentville is encouraging citizens to remain calm and make good common-sense decisions during the state of emergency in addition to following the Provincial directives. This includes staying home, only going out when it is necessary to do so, not going out in large groups, and checking in with your neighbors and friends.
Chief Administrative Officer, Kelly Rice
Phone: 902-679-2501 email@example.com
Public Information Officer, Lindsay Young
Phone: 902-698-3127 firstname.lastname@example.org