June is Pride Month and we are SUPER excited to be partnering with KCA School on a fun celebration event this year!
“Walk with Pride” was previously scheduled for Tuesday June 22, but has been postponed due to extreme weather until Wednesday June 23rd.
Join us in celebrating the differences and diversity of everyone in our community. Walk with Pride down a dedicated and decorated section of the harvest moon trail, stop at the photo booth and snap a selfie, enjoy a lively atmosphere and have some fun with your friends or family bubble. Hang and chat with our Pride Ambassadors, learn more about what pride means to others through poetry and art displays, and think about what Pride means to you.
The event is scheduled from 6:00pm-8:00pm, but the poems and art work will be left for anyone to enjoy on their own for a few days after. Parking for those attending the staffed event from 6-8 is available at KCA School on Gary Pearl Drive. Please park in the lot vs. along the side of the road to avoid congestion and keep things safe for all attendees.
Dress up if you like, or come as you are. We will have staff on site to guide you, and of course our Pride Ambassadors will be there too, keeping the vibe positive and handing out some cool swag! Remember there will be plenty of photo opportunities, and Spike is excited to make an appearance as well.
This event is brought to you by KCA School in partnership with the Town of Kentville, with support from multiple community members and organizations. Additional support provided by, and special thanks to:
- Darrin Harvey, Morning show host with 89.3 Rewind
- Mike Butler, Municipal Councillor, Town of Wolfville
- Captain Arne/Michelle Backhouse, RCAF 14 Wing, Greenwood
- Tried and Tru digital Printing, Kentville
- Jaimie Peerless and Phantom Effects special effects, Kentville
- Kentville Business Community
Not into events at the moment? That's ok! There are other ways to show your support during Pride Month:
1. Hang a flag in your window, yard, or business
2. Share the link to this page with your friends on social media, and help us promote even if you can't attend
3. Make a TikTok or other video and send it to us for featuring in our Facebook or Instagram stories
Be sure to send us pics, or tag us in your online content so we can all share the love. (Insta: @thereal_tok Facebook: @townofkentville)
See you on Tuesday evening, everyone. In the meantime.....Happy Pride Month, Kentville!