UPDATED APRIL 28 2021 9:00 AM
RE: KENTVILLE RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Due to rising concerns around the spread of COVID-19 in our community and increased numbers as reported by Public Health this week, the Town of Kentville is asking residents to once again assist with slowing the spread of the virus. New restrictions are in place as of April 28th 2021 per Provincial Health Order and we ask all residents to follow them so we can keep our community safe. A full list of current restrictions can be found on the provincial website.
These are challenging times, and we are again calling on everyone to do their part to slow the spread of the virus. A current list of steps the Town has taken to date is included below; this list of actions may change as the situation continues to develop. Please continue to refer to the Town’s website for updated information as it is posted.
- Town Hall is currently closed to the public. Service delivery will not be interrupted, staff are still working and can serve via phone, email, website and Facebook.
- Recreation facilities and all recreation programming are closed / suspended. This includes the recreation centre and any programs normally hosted in that facility.
- Parks and Trails, outdoor courts, and the Skatepark are all open! Stay in your own bubble and distance from others while visiting these recreational areas.
- We encourage folks to get out and enjoy our parks and trails, but please note that wearing masks outdoors is mandatory where physical distancing cannot be maintained, including playgrounds and parks (this includes the skatepark). Please abide, we will be monitoring these areas.
- Non-medical masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces as per Provincial Directive. More information about where and when masks are required can be found on the provincial website.
Staff will continue to serve Kentville citizens through email, on the phone, through Facebook and via the various contact forms on the Kentville website. See below for further information about how to reach us.
- To schedule an appointment with the planning department call (902) 679-2535.
- To file an application for a new building / development permit call (902) 679-2531 and leave a message.
- For emergency services, like reporting a problem with Municipal Water or Sewer contact (902) 679-2500.
- Please call 902-679-2500 to reach customer service staff, or you may use our online contact submission form.
- Payments can be made online two ways: Paymentus is available on our website for credit card payments, fees apply to this method. Or pay directly from your online banking by adding us as a payee. Call us if you need help! 902-679-2500
- There is a secure drop box at the rear of Town Hall 354 Main Street where payments (cheques only please) may be deposited
- Litter kits are still available for those wishing to do litter collection in their own neighbourhood. Email email@example.com to have a kit delivered! More info
In an effort to maintain balance in opportunities for recreation that have been lost to the most recent restrictions, the Recreation Department has created many initiatives to support the community’s health and well-being during the pandemic. Visit the Parks and Recreation section of the website for details on recreational supports like the equipment loan program! There are some great things to borrow, especially for parents now home with active kids.
The Town of Kentville is encouraging citizens to remain calm and make good common-sense decisions during the current phase of restrictions in addition to following the Provincial directives. This includes staying home, only going out when it is necessary to do so, not going out in large groups, and checking in with your neighbors and friends. We are in this together!
Public Information Officer, Lindsay Young
Phone: 902-698-3127 firstname.lastname@example.org